I’m a graphic designer with a focus on research-driven websites and data visualization. Since 2015 I’ve worked as a lead designer at Upstatement in Boston. Here are a few favorite projects I’ve helped design and build:
- The 19th* ↝ A nonpartisan newsroom reporting on gender, politics and policy.
- PBS NewsHour Election Graphics ↝ An API-powered web app that generates real-time results tables, a race-by-race calendar, a delegate tracker and winner-called graphics for web, social, and broadcast.
- The Harvard Gazette ↝ A new design for Harvard’s official voice.
- Yale Environment 360 ↝ Independent science reporting in a classical package.
- Everytown Gun Law Navigator ↝ Explore and compare 25 years of state gun law data.
And a few personal projects:
Memory ↝ The classic card-matching game, built as a progressive web app for tablets. In progress.
Money and Jobs ↝ Explore 2016 campaign donations by occupation.
James MusprattBoston, Massachusetts